Monday, April 29, 2013

Margaret Wenger's "Alternative Materials" class was so much fun! I felt like a little kid again... remember that feeling, when you don't think, you just do? 

Margaret's class affected me that same way, opening up a creative vein and helping me see - really see - our form of fiber artistry in a new, beguiling light.


Margaret Wenger and her "Dragonfly" piece

It doesn't show up well, but the cattail is sculpted. The whole piece is gorgeous!

Supplies...


...supplies...


...and more supplies!

The room is cozy, and bright


And was full of eager, creative students and lots of laughter.


I took pictures of each of the dragonfly patterns (some students brought other patterns to play with). Hopefully, as we finish them we'll bring them to a guild meeting and I'll take pix, and the name of the hooker. I know Margaret would love to see our finished pieces, too!












This class was a load of fun! 

Hopefully, we can have another one in the future... Several of us fell in love with another of Margaret's patterns - "The Cottage." The pattern and wool (except for, if I remember correctly, the sky and the browns. Please check with Margaret though, 'cause I'm not sure I'm remembering that part correctly. The "Cottage" kit is only $95!!






TTFN!
Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment